Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mardi Gras

Okay, so on Saturday I was down at the Mardi Gras parade in B-Town, for the first time ever. I was surprised t see as many people as there were, but even more surprised at how uninspirational it was for me. Yes, I still managed to hear my shutter clicking as fast as it could go(not very fast in the cold), but I wasn't happy with many images. I think I produced 3 images that I found to really sum up my pleasurable experience.

The most likeable image was of someone's dog. I really enjoyed this image. It came out well. Nothing more than a portrait of a dog though, but none the less interesting.

Next, I found playing with the lens flare to be a bit fun with the Dealer.Com bus. It was in a good position, and I found the fence to be rather more attractive than most of the floats. Anyway, this image looks great. (My opinion may vary from yours)

My last and final image that was presentable is the image looking up church street at the crowd. It was packed and the parade was about to begin. This image sums up the total crowd, and how warm it must have been to be huddle together hoping to catch a piece of something from the parade route. There are a few more images that would be worthy of mention, but I am limiting myself to 3.

You are all welcome to explore more at my Flickr site or in the following slideshow.

No comments:

Post a Comment