Thursday, July 2, 2009

FlickR and its amazing marketing abilities...

Ok, so a few weeks ago I had gotten contacted by a representative from http://www.cleanfish.com/ to use an image I had posted to FlickR. Of all images that could have been used, it was of a good friend when we went fishing for cod and haddock, and was certainly not my best work. So, I hesitantly said yes to selling the image. I had offered a reshoot for the very reasonable price of $500 and could offer the images to them in a weeks time.

Well, they opted for the image at the right, and no reshoot for $150. Now, I have been asked about a photo with a haddock. So, I am delving into my image banks looking to see what I can find. Again, I offered the service over the images I might have on hand, but to no avail. It looks like from now on, if I am going to be using my camera, that I need to treat every photo opp as a professional shoot, because I will never know when someone wants to use my images...

Can you imagine, two images for $300, when they could have had an entire array of images for only $500. Go figure... Well, I am still open to reshooting, especially if they want to hire me to photograph salmon running in Alaska. Any takers out there? Send me to Alaska for a salmon adventure, I will guarantee some spectacular images, maybe even a grisly or two.

Go figure, and did I mention the fishing trip the photo is from was taken at my "bachelor party"...

No comments:

Post a Comment