Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Art Copy: Photographing Art

So recently, work has been slow, but over the last week or so, I have been able to find some income. Now, I have begun tutoring people with their cameras, and am now pushing Art Copy work as well. I enjoy working with individual artists, as they are most often unique and entertaining individuals. I find I learn from them invaluable ideas, not to mention more about their technique and the process they use to create their works.

I try hard to satisfy all clients regardless of the job, and will continue to adjust light until it fits their vision uniquely. Since all artists have a unique vision that helps create their art, why can't they have that vision extend to the photograph that represents their work on the web, in catalogs or magazines. I discovered the uniqueness of my shoot on location style of copy work last friday when shooting for the Burlington Community Glass Studio, and Terry, the owner had seen the work I had done from the beginning, but was not 100% satisfied, and I asked her what her vision was for the pieces, and she began to chat about how the light hits them when they are in the window.

Instantly, I realized why her vision and mine had not met, and quickly turned lights on, off, and readjusted their location. Next image, while previewed on camera, Terry says, "WOW!" and was completely happy about our new representation of her work. How else can you get work done and your client satisfied in a more timely manner than to shoot for them in their studio, where they can see your proofing instantly.

Anyway, here are a few of her pieces. Her work is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment