Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Alternative juices...

Now that I have been reading more about alternative methods for creating an enlarged negative for contact printing, I am getting more and more interested in working again with the Kallitype. I have been exploring other artists' web sites and galleries, getting some ideas on how others use their "Alternative Minds." So, one that I found very interesting was Karen Molloy, who layers images to create books and other interesting image collages. Karen even works on creative display ideas.

Projects like this one make me dream about creating a 1'x20' digital negative for printing in vandyke or kallitype. This may only be a dream now, but it certainly intrigues me. Maybe my idea might be on too large a scale, but there is always an option to go smaller, but still produce my ideas.

Anyway, we will see. Until then, I will continue my explorations and come to some greater idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment