Sunday, February 8, 2009

In the dark, no tripod, no flash...



Last night I had an enjoyable time fishing out at the cowbanks. However, we once again did not catch a single fish. I found it fun, after dark, to take the camera out and begin taking photographs without a flash or tripod. I was rather intrigued at how well they came out, and was even more impressed that the photos in the shanty came out. I enjoyed playing with my mag-light as a candle, and used it as a primary light source for most of the photos. I was fascinated with it enough, that I had the urge to actually show up in a photo, well, my hand at least.

Certainly it was not daylight outside, but the progression of the evening left a clear delineation as to what the light inside the shanty vs outside was like. There were lights in the distance that shone out our way. They seemed to provide an interesting light as it hit the window of the shack. It provided for some nice silhouettes. Charlie was nice enough to pose for me here. Not sure if you would call it posing, maybe more like allowing me to take the photo without moving too quickly.

As the night progressed, I noticed my photos took a more and more abstract feel. It was well worth the 5 hours we spent on the ice. It was a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment